Every year, a small army of new video games is released, but how do you know which one to spend your money on? Unless you’ve actually had hands-on time with each game, its a really hard decision, and it’s a decision that I’ve had a lot of experience with, so I decided I would attempt to share my knowledge, and hopefully help someone make the choice.
1) World of Warcraft – Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last several years, you’ve at least heard of World of Warcraft. It makes my #1 spot not only for the fact that there are over 3 million active players, but also for the fact that the game is massive, and a ton of fun all-around.
2) Warhammer Online – Granted, less people have heard of Warhammer Online than World of Warcraft, but it’s still just as fun to play, and has a darker, more sinister feeling to it than World of Warcraft does. This makes it a great choice for older gamers, or gamers that just enjoy being able to embrace their ‘dark side’.
3) Entropia Universe – Ever sat there wishing that your current video-game cahracter’s money could be taken out of the game, and put into your wallet? Well, with Entropia’s real-cash economy, you can do just that! The best part is, there’s no monthly subscription, so you can hop on amp; play any time!
4) Perfect World – Despite a few translation slip-ups here amp; there, this is one of the best free to play MMORPG’s around in my opinion. The storyline is interesting, the gameplay is great, and arguably best of all, every character comes with a mario-style double jump!
5) Silkroad Online – This game resembles Perfect World in a way, but it has a different style amp; feel, and there is more of a culture amp; community aspect to it, as in later levels, you are able to trade, protect the traders, or steal from the traders depending on which path you choose. This system makes for some interesting Player versus Player battles.
Hope this helps you decide which game you would like to play. Happy hunting!